Monday, December 20, 2010

Haven't you forgotten something?

The next morning, I woke up with a start. I realized that I was past halfway through writing a book, and I had no idea how to publish a book. Or for that matter, if the book itself was any good. (I had not shown anyone the manuscript since the original 4-chapter "sniff" I had given to Lynn) If I wanted to be an author (which I wasn't sure of) or if I at least wanted to publish the book I'd spent this much time writing (which I was more sure of, but only barely) then I'd better fix both problems.

First: get someone else to read it. Happily, I had an academic editor in the family. I printed out what I had and sent it on. I was even brave enough to insist on the "real, academic press" editing pass rather than the "encouraging family member" editing pass. I felt all manly.

Second: How in blazes do you get a book published?

I decided I would find out.-

No comments:

Post a Comment